Thread: One timer tips
View Single Post
Old
06-08-2009, 11:41 AM
blueberrydanish

vCash: 500
Ya theres no need to just be sitting there with your stick up in the air for many reasons I find ESPECIALLY at beginner level. I know for myself its annoying to try and makes passes to people who do not have their stick down because you do not have a clue where exactly they want the puck, its much harder for a beginner to gauge where the pass needs to be put for that specific person especially when making a quick play. If you have your stick in the air for a one-timer because you are afraid of not being able to pull it back and go through intime you just need to work on a quicker and better shot, which is why I was saying earlier that I feel practicing my slapshot alone has help me a great deal with one-timers. Not to mention if you are just sitting there with your stick in the air its alot easier for the defense/goalie to read what exactly you are trying to do...which puts the shooter at a huge disadvantage. Maybe the stick in air is a great tactic for fake one-timers to end up passing =D

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote