View Single Post
Old
06-08-2009, 05:11 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker16 View Post
I recently found out my college has established a team and is looking for players. I would really like to be part of this while I can (only 2 semesters left).

I have never skated on a team or played other than inline street hockey with a couple of friends almost 10 yrs ago.

I got sized for skates a couple of days ago and went with some older Bauer Vapors (new old stock) that should be in this week. I haven't done any skating in years and that was inline. I work out twice a week doing weights but am now set on 5 days a week doing cardio every other day as well now to build up endurance (and shed some weight).

Realistically I have my doubts I could contribute as a good player but I'd like to see what I can do in 3 months (season start) regardless to see if I could make it. Is this possible? What would be the best way to start?
I'm sorry, but there's no way in hell you should be able to make a college team in less than 2-3 years of playing, unless it's a beginner level team. What I recommend is starting in a beginner league now and then hanging out with the guys and learning what to do.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote