View Single Post
Old
10-08-2004, 09:03 AM
PEli*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
What a joke the QMJHL is. I knew he was going to get suspended, (deservedly so) but 8 games is outrageous, IMO.
Normally I'd agree with you. Cabana plays for my favorite team and Rimouski (Crosby's team) makes me want to puke in my soup. Don't question the league though. Crosby is their meal ticket. He's drawn HUGE amounts of fans in cities and towns which would normally see 80% capacity. You'd have to see it to believe it.

When Crosby comes to town, you're looking at a guaranteed sellout or at the very least, 95% capacity. It really is amazing to see what he's done for the league in the short time he's been around. So the league wants to protect their asset. Sadly, they hand down a suspension to a player who didn't deserve eight games. Five would have been the most I'd have been able to live with.

It was more of a thigh on thigh. But Cabana celebrated injuring Crosby afterwards and the league really frowned upon that. What really makes the situation funny is that Cabana took a check from behind/the side a few games before this and the player who made the hit only received two games. Sad double standard.