Thread: Proposal: Stl - Cal - Fla
View Single Post
Old
06-08-2009, 10:53 PM
BluesFan45
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Stl - Cal - Fla

I'm taking a total stab in the dark here. I didn't work out money totals but I think this would work cap wise... but here it goes:

Flames - get Bouwmeester Rights (Signs for $6mil-ish) + Horton from FLA + Blues AHL level prospect or mid level type prospect (maybe someone like Sonne?).

Blues - get Dion Phaneuf + late CAL and FLA pick.

FLA - gets Jay McKee + Jonas Junland from the Blues and from CAL they get 09 1st (#20) + Sarich or Vandermeer + mid level type prospect.

CAL could keep Leopold, let Cammalleri go, and pursue a second tier type forward in the offseason for depth. Horton helps keep them competitive in the short term and would replace Jokinen after his contract is up.
Iginla, Horton, Langkow, Jokinen, Glencross, UFA as top 6?
Meester-Reghr
Sarich/Vandermeer-Leopold
Giordano-Pardy/filler

FLA gets depth to fill in their Blueline now, lets go of a forward to make sure they can keep Booth. This allows them to get a 1st + a replacement for Meester (not in terms of production but in NHL level replacement) + prospect for Horton since Meester is leaving anyways.
McCabe-Ballard
Allen-Sarich/Vandermeer
Junland-McKee

Blues effectively trade McKee + Junland + mid level prospect for Phaneuf. Having Dion would allow the Blues to let Brewer go after his contract and not be forced in to bidding to keep Colaiacovo if his price goes too high when he hits the market (assuming he has another good year in St. Louis).

BluesFan45 is offline   Reply With Quote