Thread: Proposal: Stl - Cal - Fla
View Single Post
Old
06-09-2009, 11:52 AM
8BostonRocker24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
If we can get Phaneuf for that sure why not...unfortunately that's not going to be the cost. Kiss a young forward and probably Pietrangelo good bye if we want him. I'm not 100% sold on Dion either. Maybe it was the injury, maybe it was Keenan, maybe it was too much ice time and being over exposed, and honestly the truth probably lies in between all of those. For his price point he really needs to be able to play both sides of the ice and until he can show he consistantly can no thanks.

And before I'm lambasted with all the Norris runner up blah blah crap. I do think Dion can be a top notch d-man. But if we're going to give up the actual assets it would cost to get him from the Flames(which is not what is proposed) I would want to see a more complete game from him. The Blues focus would probably lie in a more veteran presence for EJ and Pietrangelo versus another young player.
Then the cost to trade for him would only go up. The point of trading for Dion now, is because his trade value is low and Calgary might want to resign Cammy and 'go in a different direction'. IMO, they should keep him, but I'm also a Dion-Fan-Boy.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote