View Single Post
Old
06-09-2009, 02:54 PM
centrehice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
I'm sure the 'Canes brass would be falling over themselves to trade you their franchise center locked up long-term for two prospects that haven't done jack ****, a 2nd, and a mid-round 1st.

A 22 year old with little relative defensive value, a career high of 12 goals and 21 points, and 3 games of pointless playoff experience plus a small offensive defenseman we couldn't possibly need less, for a huge 20 year old center already with two 20+ goal seasons, two Finals runs in which he's shut down players like Eric Staal and Jeff Carter, and who's signed for another 4 years? Really?

This proposal doesn't help us at all now, and the Habs' prospects combined potential are no better than Staal's. Abort.
I hope you mean only weber and patches potential, as the habs were just rated as 2nd on hockeys future, and patches was a big part of that. Patches ceiling is pretty high, and he plays a big mans game.

Staal has obviously proved more, but all in all it's pretty fair deal. I wouldn't do it because I'm too excited for patches. But the habs and pens do make good trading partners as the pens are deep at centre and weak on the wing while the habs are the opposite.

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote