View Single Post
Old
06-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Andrew B

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieFlight View Post
Heatley wanted out of Atlanta and they got Hossa (... and greg devries) for him.

Bryan Murray has a lot of options. Don't kid yourselves.
Heatley for Hossa was a 1 one of a kind trade. It won't happen again.

With him getting a 4 Million bonus, plus his 8 Salary, that moves him into a top-5 player category. Not many owners are probably willing to immediately sink (poor choice of words) 12 Million into a player in his first year, especially given the current economic climate.

Saying he has a lot of options is very very naive, as stated above, 29 teams would be interested, and would love to have him however that number gets widdled down extensively when you start applying the salary cap, owner situations, & the economic climate.

Personally, Heatley as Hemsky's trigger man would make me pinch a tent, however if you go back and examine most trades, you never get the same value that you give out.

I think something along the lines of

One of Gilbert / Grebeshkov
One of Cogliano / O'Sullivan
One of Eberle / 2009 first

is probably a fair deal, and I doubt many teams offering better. Potentially the L.A Kings, but who knows.

Ultimately it comes down to the fact that we are all fans, and all want every superstar on our team. We think any deal is fair, and in reality we never get it right. We are worse than Eklund

Andrew B is offline   Reply With Quote