View Single Post
Old
06-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Skrymir

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
Cause it hasn't happened since,nor 10 years before that. The reason it doesn't happen is cause of reasons I have already listed, salary cap (recent problem), ownership or economic concerns.
The fact is that young elite players under contract rarely get traded in the first place so it's really hard to make general statements such as the one your making. The cap may actually work in the sens favour as to make room for Heatley the receiving team may need to shed salary. The won't be taking a salary dump back so it could turn into a decent player.

Quote:
On July 1 he is owed a 4 Million dollar bonus plus 4 million of his '09-10 Salary, That was discussed in Edmonton by Jason Gregor and some Ottawa beat writer.
Your right. I was under the opinion that the bonus was given at the start of the season, but this TSN article seemto agree with what you're saying. (4M salsry this past year 4M bonus July 1, 2009, 8M salry 09-10)
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=219794

Quote:
Facing facts, Heatley is an elite player, but his money is Top-5 in the NHL. He is not a top-5 player, maybe top 10, actually let me list;

Ovechkin
Crosby
Malkin
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Getzlaf

ya so like probably barely top 10.

Like I said beggers can't be choosers, and I want the Oil to get him, l just think Ottawa fans could have their expectations & value too high.
Fact is none of those players are available, or will be. He is the best player available by UFA or trade. As I said players like Heatley and in Healeys situation don't normally get traded. Heatley is still 2nd in goals to Ovechkin since the lockout with 180. Teams will have to give to get.

Skrymir is offline   Reply With Quote