View Single Post
Old
06-10-2009, 03:02 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bialo Czerwoni View Post
An average of 75 points in his last 2 seasons. Damn that old man
Yea and 68pts over the last 3 years, just like his career average.

But again, I'm not here to criticize Kovalev, far from it. I'm saying he should get less than 19Min of Ice Time and A.Kost more than 15min.

I don't get why Kovalev should be handed that much Ice Time regardless of how he plays.
He's a veteran so I understand he has less to prove. But I don't see why A.Kost has to get 60ish pts playing 15Min to earn top line minutes, when Kovalev can gather the same total but playing 4min extra per night.

A.Kost is our future more so than Kovalev.

I'm not saying to just give the minutes to A.Kost, I feel they should be spread out among our top 6. If Kovalev plays on a line where all 3 linemates play around 19Min, then fine.

I just don't think our team will have improved if we resort again to playing Kovalev the most. We will never go deep when he's leading all forwards by 2min in ice time.
That's why I hope we'll get to see our youngsters in a more important role next year. I want to see what they're capable off when giving more ice time.
Seeing as JM is known for being good with youngsters, hopefully they'll develop well under him.

We know what to expect if Kovalev and Koivu are the ones carrying this team again next year.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote