View Single Post
Old
06-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Comely

vCash: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
1) What is poor about Gilbert/Grebeshkov, Cogliono/POS, 10th overall? Several people are *****ing about the "poor offers" people are throwing out there for Heatley and I just don't see it. I've seen more good offers for Heatley than any other player on this site.

2) The Sens won't be able to replace Heatley's salary "slot" until he's moved, because if they try to do something before - then Heatley's value takes another hit because every other GM knows that Murray has to move him.

3) From the Sens perspective, the worst thing Heatley can do is come to camp out of shape and dog it until he gets traded. The entire team suffers and the return for him goes down.

I don't think the Sens are going to get boned when they deal Heatley, but I don't think they're in the position to get max market value either. He'll probably get a pretty good return as long as there are 3-4 teams he's willing to get traded to that can afford his salary & cap hit, and have the assets to move.
1)That is a reasonable offer however there are Oiler fans going "hes demanded a trade we dont have to pay that much"

2) True but they could likely do it on the same day get a deal done in principle with an UFA then finalize the deal. That being said more then likely though Heater gets traded at the draft.

3) Very true but if he does that I would hope that Murray would approach him and tell him that no one wants him until he stops sucking.

Comely is offline   Reply With Quote