View Single Post
Old
06-10-2009, 03:37 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
This actually isn't a bad proposal. I know the Nucks give up a ton but they do get the best player in the deal in Carter and 99% of the time the team that gets the best player wins the trade (quality >>>> quantity). This would probably signify that the Flyers have to go back to the traditional 2 scoring lines and one checking line. We'd HAVE to get a big, defensive center who was good on face offs but if that happened too then THIS trade would work for us. Remember, Carter is the ONLY forward we have who can even remotely cover Ovechkin and Malkin and their size. If we don't have a backup plan for matching up against those 2 then we CAN'T move Carter no matter if this is a good deal or not.

From Vanc's POV, it would be easier to sign a replacement for Bieksa than it is to sign a guy like Carter to a 5 mil contract. Komisarak could probably be his replacement or you could just go for broke and sign J-Bo (of course this may put you so close to the cap that you can't resign Luongo and that would be a mistake).
I'm pretty sure that Ryan Kesler is more than capable of being that shutdown player, and is likely much better in that role than Carter is, considering that's the strength of his game.

having said that, not a trade I would make... too much to give up IMO.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote