Thread: Proposal: Heatley for Bobby Ryan
View Single Post
Old
06-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
This is simply not a very good proposal (sorry @ OP). The Ducks have to add some offense this offseason and they can't get this done by spending that much more for a player that might end up scoring 15 more goals than Ryan, while also being older. There will be some money available as probably one of Niedermayer or Pronger won't be around next season, but the Ducks absolutely can't spend that much on Heatley while losing Ryan.

There are three ways a deal could happen between these two teams from the Ducks' POV:
1) Something around Heatley for Pronger, which is unlikely because as a Senator I would feel unsafe about Pronger considering to extend his contract there.
2) Something around Heatley for Giguere++, which the Sens obviously would not do since they have no need for Giguere.
3) Something around Heatley for Perry, which would already require some tweaking for the Ducks financially and would break up the tremendous chemistry between Getzlaf and Perry (while being replaced with another possibly pretty great one, I have to admit).

I don't see the Ducks in the mix for Heatley all that much, I have to say.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote