Thread: Proposal: Ott-Dal
View Single Post
Old
06-10-2009, 04:16 PM
BeaverSports

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeShizzle View Post
Yes, but you seem to want to ignore something simple...the salary cap. Why trade Ribeiro who has played nearly every game since we traded for him, makes nearly 3 million less through the 2012-13 season, and isn't as awful defensively as you like to think he is, if you could move Richards instead?

Richards, although not his fault, was injured twice this season and makes more money and will be a UFA sooner. Do you think Richards will take 5 million to stay in Dallas? Not to mention we've got other players to re-sign like Eriksson, etc.

Getting Heatley would be far too expensive or would screw us when it comes to the cap. He's a great player, but not worth it.
No, I don't ignore the salary cap at all. Ribeiro is an inferior player tied up for a longer term. Do I think Richards will take less to stay in Dallas? It doesn't really matter the way free agency is today and it's likely a moot point as I believe they gave both no-trade contracts and I think Richards is a big part of Eriksson doing anything too.

Getting Heatley would not be too expensive and depending who was sent out, it wouldn't screw Dallas' cap space. They won't get him, but he'd be a move in the right direction.

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote