Thread: Proposal: Heatley for Bobby Ryan
View Single Post
Old
06-11-2009, 01:49 AM
TheHMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick74 View Post
i am amazed at how much value some of these young players have on these boards. Ryan needs to prove he can do it over a entire season just like Doughty needs to prove he can repeat another solid season, and stamkos and bogo and schenn and the list goes on and on.

Take away salaries, what talent would you rather have on your team for the next 3-4 yrs? if i am the ducks, i think they have a better chance for the cup with heatley now, but for the future ryan.
It's a little bit of what I had in mind where Guigere gets moved elsewhere and Ottawa picks up some salary to make things match up.

I'd be surprised if Anaheim didn't at least give it some decent thought. They went 7 games against Detroit, and put up a tough fight to the end. You would think adding a 40-50 goal, 100 pt player would be a move that puts them over the top.

They can expect the same production for about 3-4 years which gives them a nice window to work with. While Ryan is going to be a good player, it seems unlikely that he can offer the same sort of things right now, and it seems like his steal of a contract could get more expensive very soon anyway.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote