View Single Post
Old
06-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLidstromxX View Post
so back to the topic, what curve would you recommend for my problem then? Should I go with a lidstrom or something else? I kno a low slap shot is great, but sometimes i get that free shot opening on the powerplay or on a 1 timer, and if my slapper can't go top shelf there is really no point in me shooting...
If you have the shot on the PP or a one-timer, shoot. Going top shelf is not a requisite for being allowed to shoot or for scoring. If you are one-timing the puck top shelf from the blue line you are still likely to miss the net. There really is no pressing need to be able to roof a slapshot from the point. Trying will only result in a low shooting percentage. If you really insist on having a curve that gives you better elevation, try the Lidstrom or, if you can find it, the old Drury (or current equivalent). I was able to take slappers from center ice and ring crossbar (or miss high) with the Drury curve. I didn't like getting that kind of lift though so I didn't use it for very long.

Nothing As It Seems is offline   Reply With Quote