Old
06-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLidstromxX View Post
haha not if you have Franzen or Holmstrom in front lol
What are Franzen and Holmstrom going to do with a shot that you shoot at their chest height? Not deflect it, that's for sure. Shooting for the top shelf is generally the sign of a d-man who cares more about looking like a stud who can wire it than making the right play. Keep the puck ~2 feet or lower off the ice. I understand wanting the ability to hit the top shelf with a slapper, but there is no need for it. Occasionally, you might get the opportunity to try it, but unless you're joining the rush and in closer than you usually get, there are few situations when a defenseman is shooting top shelf. I've played defense in college for 4 years; I am coached in practice to keep my shot down. I get yelled at when I lose the handle and send one high, even just in practice, accidentally. I can roof a slapshot (and it's good to be able to), but I don't understand feeling you need to be able to. You don't. You can be 100% effective and a threat from the blueline without ever getting the puck more than 15 inches or so off the ice.

Nothing As It Seems is offline   Reply With Quote