View Single Post
Old
06-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Sneekypete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
I agree. I'm sure there will be more AHL contracts similar to this, including the possibility of Nikiforov re-signed, another forward or 2, a few defensemen and a goalie. The Sound Tigers need the best depth guys they can find so they can step right in when injuries and call-ups occur. We need better depth guys than Dennis Packard or James Sixsmith... Jon Gleed is a good example of players we need, reliable, experienced and doesn't make any mistakes. Good thing he is coming back. Would love to see Max Gratchev signed to an AHL deal with Bridgeport if he can't find a better offer elsewhere.
I agree about sixsmith and kind of agree on Packard. Packard may have never scored played a nice roll but that roll could have been played by Haskins and Morency. When Morency played on the PK he looked far from out of place. He actually looked decent.
Hopefully Haskins gets a deal but with the clock ticking I see it less chance of this happening.
I would like to see Gratchev play a year in Utah or atleast a few months just to see what he will bring to the table on a pro level.
I also want the Isles to get Martin under contract. The Sarnia kids are going to have alot to do with Bport's success next year.
I am very curious to see what depth signings Bport has going into next season. They really need a guy with some toughness and skills on the blueline. It showed in the playoffs how untough Bport's blueline was. How many times was Bports goalie banged into in the first round with minimal reprocussions.
Ok i am getting off topic lets just hope Bport puts a solid team together for next season.