Now that the Pens have won - the truth has to be said.
View Single Post
06-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Join Date: Sep 2003
Originally Posted by
- Gainey and Martin claim to follow the Red Wings model - it was clear last night it's choker and failure model. We should use the Penguins model instead.
- We should start drafting top players from the Q - how many were there one the Pens including Crosby ? Also we should try to draft more real Québecers like Fleury or Letang (Talbot deserves a paragraph for himself).
- Maxime Talbot. How could we pass such a great awesome clutch player? Grit, determination, great hands and he's one of us too ? A team with 4-5 Talbots would be Stanley Cup bound. Who did we get instead of him ?
- If we-re going to draft Russians, at least draft good ones like Malkin not lousy Kostytsyns, Grabovski's and Plekanec.
- Team ownership should belong to ex stars. There are plenty of ex Habs great names that would be willing to be our own Mario Lemieux. Think about Lafleur or Beliveau or Patrick Roy.
- Our young superstars should be asked to live with great ex players. Imagine Price living with Guy Lafleur who would treat him like a son and teach him the basic values needed to be a proud Hab player.
- We should try and have Balsilie offer to buy and move us too. This will bring Bettman to do his best so we get good players and favorable refs so that we can build us a fanbase. Worked for the Pens...
- Feel free to add your precious insights...
You're wearing your hat with jingling bells and your shoes with pointed toes today, aren't you? Good joke.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Corey