View Single Post
Old
06-14-2009, 04:55 AM
Marksman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
So your definition of a physical player doesn't limit itself to the player actually playing physically?

I suppose you don't define a goal scorer by how many goals he scores either?

You said that you're tired of people "trying to make you believe he's a physical player" and now you've added that your definition of a physical player isn't limited to having a large number of hits, which, would seemingly be a very obvious way to measure whether a player is physical or not.

I'm sure I'm not the only one confused by this, so please, do tell us how you gauge if a player is physical or not.

My guess is his definition for a power forward includes having the will power to go directly to the net. Also good powerforwards have strength jo jostle with big defencemen and to ability persist there. This is something you wont see on the stats sheet, you need to watch games. Latendresse doesnt do that much, does he? (PS. This is not meant to bash Lats or anything, hes a young and big guys usually take more time to develop).

Hits are good for sapping energy from other team, but they still are only secondary, imho.

---

Commenting on the deal... if we have little success attracting free agents, this is something Gainey may have to do. And Roszival seems like a very good target too (size similar to Hamrlik, RH shot for our PP), but I wouldnt be willing to give up young assets from playing lineup for this trade, which is clearly an attempt to dump salary.

I'd rather send pick/prospect and want to do some recycling too (Laraque).

Last edited by Marksman: 06-14-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote