Old
10-10-2004, 06:46 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps
Semin is a top 5-10 offensive prospect.

It's all so relative, don't go accusing me of homerism when you're perpetually lauding your own players, spare me.
who am I lauding?? read my post again.... never once have I brought up "my own player"... infact for the record I agree that Semin is a better prospect than anyone the canucks have in their system - not that means anything.

I don't think that Semin is a top 5-10 prospect at all... you can put the top 2 picks in last year's draft easily ahead of him... throw in the top picks in the 2003 draft... throw in several other players that have increased their stock over the past year as well, including guys like Phaneuf, Carter, Parise and others....

I would take Ovechkin, Malkin, Fleury, Staal, Horton, Phaneuf, Zherdev, among others over Semin. And these are guys drafted after Semin, and are younger than him.

Guys drafted the same year as Semin - the same age - I wouldn't think twice about picking up Nash, Bouwmeester, Lethonen, and Pitkanen ahead of him...

then there are others like Lupal, Upshall, Whitney, Cobourn, Parise, Carter, Stewart, Barker, Kostitsyn etc, that can all be debated as having as good or a higher ceiling than Semin.... these guys are all the same age or younger than Semin.

Go back 1 draft year, and you can list another handful of guys that are already better now than Semin is, that are only 1 yr older.

Really what has Semin *accomplished* that puts him in the top 5-10 category of prospects in the NHL??

I also never "accused" you of homerism - that was several others that posted before me in this thread... but now that you bring it up, it's hard not to... you even have Caps fans here that are saying that dealing Semin for Gomez is a no-brainer.