Listen to Pushkarev's debut:
View Single Post
10-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Enjoy the chaos
Join Date: Jul 2003
Originally Posted by
It really sounds like PUSH is really looking awesome so far, but I was wondering if anyone has noticed anything negative also?
Well, I haven't heard anything bad either, but from what I've listened to on the radio, I'll tell you what else I haven't heard... contributions defensively. He's not on the PK, which isn't necessarily a signal he's poor defensively, but I haven't heard anything about him making some great play backchecking.
I think that was the knock on him when being scouted, he's just not that strong defensively. The fact I don't hear much about his defensive contributions during the game kinda reaffirms that.
What I have heard, though, far outweighs his negatives:
- has made great steals in the offensive zone
- has made great setups
- has jumped on the rebound to pound in the goal... in other words, isn't a floater
- actually fought
- gritty, but not dirty
These are possible negatives that can arise... note I'm NOT saying he has these negatives, but among some of the more common negatives in a player (particularly a young player), these are things I would look out for:
- defensive play, see above
- attitude/relating with other players, we haven't had any interviews or stories of people directly interacting with him
- consistency, so far he's been pretty consistent (only two games where he didn't register a point, and they weren't consecutive)... either way, young players can be real streaky
But definitely, I'd love for anyone who has seen him play to give feedback. All I can do is speculate and point out what to look for, yanno?
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by King'sPawn