View Single Post
Old
06-15-2009, 07:08 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I just dont' like some of Leino's decision making. He is easily a better offensive player but Maltby is just as easily the safer guy to have on the ice, imo. I favor the conservative side in hockey so I lean towards Maltby. But I do think Leino could climb up this list pretty quickly next year.
Leino is also what, 25? And he has not even scratched the surface of his potential. It's unlikely he will be a ppg/gamebreaking player, but I really believe that with 15 minutes of ice time a night, some time in the top 6, some PP time (basically Hudler's ice time from this season), he could at least match Hudler's numbers.

Also, Maltby is not the safe defensive player he used to be - he has been either a -8 or a -9 in each of the 4 post-lockout seasons, whereas the 4 seasons before the lockout he was +15 or better every year.

Some of us are guilty at times of seeing the Maltby or Draper or Homer from 8 or 9 years ago when we think about their play - in reality, these guys have all slipped a LOT, whether it's from age or injuries or both.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote