View Single Post
Old
06-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
I don't. My concern with Schenn is his skating per TSN. If Kane, MSP and Duchene are gone I will be happy to trade down.
I'd rather have a player with questionable skating who shows up every night over a great skater who shows up when he wants to. And what about Schenn's profile is there not to like? He is the complete hockey player (and his skating isn't an issue that negates his overall package).

From TSN:
Quote:
It is hard not to like the way Schenn approaches the game, with a combination of feistiness and willingness to stick his nose in where it does not belong. One would guess having to battle his older brother Luke in the backyard rink gave him a hard lesson in what it takes to win every night. His capacity to process information under duress is at an elite level and he thrives playing in traffic around the crease. He has the puck skills you want in a top end centre, as Schenn has shown his dedication to improve. Schenn can thread the needle in tight spaces and create time and space when he stickhandles into the offensive zone. Although he has not scored as many goals as some of his peers, Schenn is a sneaky scorer with good accuracy. Now his skating is considered average, but it will improve and he always hustles and gets to the right spot on the ice. His physical tenacity and ability to compete makes him tough to play against. He is solid on faceoffs and does a good job tying up his man in the defensive zone if he happens to lose. On the defensive side, Schenn is about a complete player as you find in this draft and his dedication to learning the nuances is impressive. He is very consistent when it comes to keeping his feet moving and having an active stick to disrupt passing lanes. You like the smart angles he takes on the back check and how he maintains good body position. He is a clutch performer that is the kind of character player you want in all situations - especially in the playoffs when it matters most.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote