View Single Post
Old
06-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
“If I feel like we’re in the right direction, for sure I think we’ll figure out a way to sign a new deal,” Kovalchuk told the AJC last month.

http://www.ajc.com/thrashers/content...chuk_news.html

Atlanta needs to win, though. Bogosian, Little, Enstrom, a good pick again this year, they are getting some of the pieces together. Soon enough? Hard to say. Waddell might find that if he can spend some money this summer signing a prominent player or two it would pay off double in helping convince Kovalchuk to stay.

Anyway, one can speculate all one wants, but at the end of the day, the default expectation for any team's core/franchise player should probably be that they stay put. Anything is possible. But I don't recall too many cases of the league's true marquee players going down the UFA route, not unless they've had some health or performance issues to cloud their situation. It happens, but I'm just saying it shouldn't be the *expectation*. Just a possibility.
I guess we'll have to wait and see how it unfolds but if Atlanta's situation doesn't improve much, just like it hasn't over the past years, I have a hard time believing he'll re-sign there.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote