View Single Post
Old
06-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Jake16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2005 View Post
Although I would be the first to point out that Rodier does not seem to be the best legal mind that money could buy, you're going on the assumption that the details of the bid (no relocation fees, anit-trust stuff, etc) was JB's final position, and that all these "losses" in court actually are a deathblow to his attempt to buy an NHL team. I don't believe this is the case at all. I don't think JB actually thought that his offer would be rammed through exactly as outlined in the bid, or even that he would ultimately be successful.

I think the main reason for JB's actions were to force the NHL to deal with him and with the idea of putting a team in Hamilton. If it cost more than $212 million to do so, by paying territorial and infringement fees, then so be it, as long as they were reasonable. If by some miracle JB got his bid accepted as-is, then great, even better.

Whatever happens here, I think a team in Hamilton is a lot closer now than it was two months ago.

All I'm going on is the contract he signed with Moyes and the motion papers filed with the court demanding those terms. I guess if he was bluffing no-one bothered to tell the judge. Even now, his "emergency" timeline forcing all these issues on the court or on threat that he would walk seems like a hoax.