Puckhead58*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I'm setting my expectations low:

We re-sign Koivu and Kovalev.

Tanguay, Komisarek both walk.

Plekanec gets a $4 million contract.

Halak is traded for a crappy draft pick.

The only UFAs we sign are Beauchemin ($5 million) and Ian Laperriere ($2.4 million).

Chipchura is let go for nothing, for no reason.

Habs struggle all year to stay in the top 10. At the trade deadline there are crazy rumours, everyone goes nuts, and nothing happens.

In March, Koivu scores 10 goals, 12 assists and Kovalev scores 13 goals, 7 assists and the Habs finish 8th in the east. Then we get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round. Habs draft 19th overall next year. Rumours start up again. Repeat cycle.

WOW....and I thought you were a good fan of the Habs!!! You could at least TRY to look on the bright side.

I think....

Kovalev and Tanguay will be re-signed since they are our best players and suitable wingers for a #1 centerman

Koivu may or may not be gone depending on who we get for a #1 center. Komisarek will be gone because he wants a payday instead of a good team to play for. If he wants to stay in Montreal...he'll sign for what he's worth...$4million or less.

Pleks should get a $3 million contract at the most....and even then he might be dealt for a bigger, better #1 centerman.

Halak will be here until the trade deadline at least.

I could see signing Beauchemin...but not Laperrierre. But who knows.

And I'm hoping Chipchura either plays 4th line this season or is packaged in a deal.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote