Thread: Line Combos: Line Predictions (2009/10 Season)
View Single Post
Old
06-17-2009, 12:05 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph View Post
The second grouping is not all that different from what we finished the season with. The first grouping is an attempt at making 2 scary lines instead of 3 very good lines.
The second grouping has three 'rookies' on the same line. On the road, when the opposition has last change, that line would completely outmatched more often than not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
I dont know, I mean we did go to the conference finals the year before with a worse team than last year. The only difference is that we had our two best players having dislocated shoulders and their goalie played unreal. Then you look at the Caps, who i think we could have beat, and the canes, we would have beat. Not saying we could have beat the wings but they looked tired, were without their MVP for the first 4 games.

Yea we lost in the first round, but it kind of changes when you lose to the stanley cup champ...
The Flyers were a regular season Game 82 loss away from a first round exit last season, as well. This year, the Flyers dropped the ball in Game 82 and had to open the playoffs on the road.

Nothing changes when you lose to the Cup champs. Success is measured by the number of Cup banners hanging from your rafters, not franchise winning percentage or trips to the Conference/Stanley Cup Finals.

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 06-17-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: woah, redundancy!