View Single Post
Old
06-17-2009, 02:32 PM
vecens24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
I still have concern about Staal on the top 2 lines. I think I've been hasty in the past talking about his lack of playmaking and how he's a "cy young" type of player. I dunno. I know he's only 20, but I just want to see more out of him in puck distribution. Every other facet of his game is nearly identical to what I'd like to see in a #2 center. Guess you can't have it all, but puck distribution is vital. Plus, I still question his level of fire and determination in games that don't matter...because ALL games matter. Even Pens fans would have to agree that he seems disengaged at times during the regular season.

Zajac...I like that. I also like Derek Roy.

Does NJD have any incentive whatsoever (or pressing need) that would make possible the movement of Zajac?
I would kinda disagree. Sometimes he doesn't look all that interested in playing offense but his defensive game was always up to par. That is one thing that Pens fans have to thank Therrien for: he created maybe the best defensive center in the NHL. Whether or not he will ever be able to translate his offensive skills is debatable but it would still take a lot from a team to get him from the Pens.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote