View Single Post
Old
06-17-2009, 04:13 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Well based off my definition, Kostitsyn is exactly a home run type, since before his draft year he was playing in the EEHL and from what I recall, wasn't hyped at all until he had a big showing at the WJC's as a 17 year old and then at the U-18's.

I don't know why you would narrow home run type picks into 2 rounds.
It wasn't exclusive to the first 2-3 rounds. Merely suggesting our prospects aren't exactly off the board early on. They all played in recognized leagues, mind you, some still in HS. As for Kostitsyn, i'd be lying if i said I knew much about him pre-draft but as far as I know he was ranked top 10 and we picked him top 10. I don't see it as a huge risk. The year before being drafted, he did play in the RSL. While he hadn't been there for years it's tough for me to suggest he was off the map or had something besides medical conditions truely holding him back to make the NHL one day. He's got his flaws, not saying he doesn't but medical condition aside, he would've been selected before #10 probably. Even selection aside, I heard everyone expected him to be a star, so doesn't sound like many expected much else.

I understand your POV though and it's probably my fault for not being clear in what i mean, I still doubt I am, but wtv.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote