View Single Post
Old
06-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Hunter07

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I disagree.I am eagerly looking forward to seeing either Tavares or Hedman develop over the next several yrs, in an Isle uniform.Seeing if the comparison to Lidstrom was accurate for Hedman or if the comparison to Hawerchuk was accurate when describing Tavares.
A lot of these proposals don't take into consideration that the Isles want to develop their own player. We need a face of the franchise that is not DP and is home grown. That is part of the reason I would not trade the pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFTW View Post
Gagner, a top 6 pick who scored 41 points in the NHL as a 19 year old
Cogliano, a first rounder who is speedy, and will probably be a 50 point player soon
Two first rounders, including a top 10 one in this years draft. We can easily trade up to select a Jared Cowen. That would improve our offense, and defense.
Screw Cowan, I want OEL .
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedro91 View Post
The Perfect deal would be

To Edmonton: 1st overall 09 + Mark Streit

To NY Islander: 1st 09 + Sam Gagner + Visnovsky + Shawn Horcoff
...perfect for Edmonton. We already have one of the worst contracts in the league with DP, now you want us to take another terrible contract? So pretty much we give up the first overall pick and trade our best defenseman who probably was top 10, definately, top 15 in the league last year. For a great prospect, but doesn't have the ceiling Tavares or Hedman do and would not be a home grown player for us. We move down in the draft. And we take on two salary dumps including Horcoff who has one of the worst contracts in the league.

perfect for Edmonton...

Hunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote