View Single Post
Old
06-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Roccoman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Over the next three or four seasons, I don't see the Caps going with a youth heavy defense corp. That meaning more than one per pair. That means that I find it hard to believe the Caps will choose to skate a D corp of Green, Schultz, Alzner and Carlson plus two other more veteran players.

I am not sure how they work it out, but in my view there as got to be some roster movement in the not too distant future
as soon as i read this i thought of Chicago's young and very talented defensemen (Seabrook 24, Keith 25, Barker 23). now i am NOT doing a player comparison here. i will however say that Green, Alzner, Carlson could be comparable talent wise and in 3-4 years time be ideal as a defense core (if they all pan out accordingly)

in the meantime, these next 2 seasons really, i think GMGM owes it to the young guys to have stable vets anchor pairing with young guys, and i dont consider Pothier a 'stable vet'... Poti is the only one we currently employ.

this upcoming season we add Alzner - the season after, Carlson. by that time the Juice / Mo / Sarge / Pothier situations will have worked themselves out... and hopefully GMGM is savvy enough to bring in a mentoring vet... on and off the ice, it would be worth it.

Roccoman is offline   Reply With Quote