View Single Post
Old
06-18-2009, 04:08 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Evidence based in a statistic that is utterly devoid of context to the point of being useless with supplying that context. As a rookie, Carter was heavily protected in the lineup as far as who he was out on the ice against. If you go back and watch him actually play those years, he was not a good defensive player.

One of the most important aspects of his development over the last two years is that he's gone from being a bad defensive player to a good defensive player. He wasn't passable...he was bad. His poor defense directly contributed to us being the worst team in the league, just as Nitty's poor goaltending did.
I don't get what you are saying here. Carter held his own in a limited role, then got thrown 19 minutes per night (7 more minutes than the year before) and had a lot of trouble.

Nodl got a limited role and finished at -15. I think that Carter was fine defensively for his role. Nodl essentially had a very similar role (3rd line minutes with decent linemates) and didn't do fine.

Not a huge problem with that, I was just disappointed, had hoped for better, again, not the end of the world.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote