View Single Post
Old
06-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Wow... I'm not sure where to begin. How about with the bolded statement? You call me ignorant, then go on to say that we are basically making the same point in a different way... that's like saying you are smarter even though we got the same grade on the same test because yours is written with better penmanship. Seriously guy...
I don't know if you are clever and trying to spin things, or your reading comprehension is really this sketchy. I am not calling you ignorant for agreeing with me. I am calling you ignorant for posting a quote of mine that is in agreement with some of the sentiments you express, then commenting "I am blown away by the ignorance of the few.". It's a head scratcher.

Quote:
The point I was making is that AFTER we label them as untouchable, everyone else comes along and says we overvalue them and mocks us with taunts of "you haven't won anything," which in this context I find highly unnecessary. None of us Kings fans are saying a guy like Simmonds is a world beater, simply that he is important to us moving forward, and trading what is to be a key piece of our stopper and grinder unit for a 2nd line center is indeed spinning our wheels as we would just be creating another whole in the roster.
They're two very different sized holes.

Quote:
Which leads me to my point about the Kings not having a roster full of NHL players.

If we barely have 20 NHL caliber players to dress, why would we trade 2 or 3 of them for 1 guy?
Right, we are eye to eye here. My point was that in most of my dealings with kings fans, they not only don't want to trade away players they need, they don't want to trade away much of anything.

Quote:
And yes, constant player turnover does make it hard to establish an identity. Again, your bogus "your identity is picking 5th" argument is just a jab, and nothing more.
That is exactly what it was. One good jab deserves another.

Quote:
The identity right now is a young group of kids learning the be professional athletes together, and they will figure out what their identity is more specifically over time. If you start trading away the key pieces of that group, then you are trading away the identity you are trying to build.
"a young group of kids learning to be professional athletes together"......

That's cute, if you're trying to write a screenplay. You're trying to win hockey game I would assume. I'm not buying either that "identity" is crucial to winning, or the fragility of said identity (at least not with decent coaching).

Quote:
I for one am sick of seeing 5 or 6 new faces every damn year on the Kings...........
If for some strange reason that offends you... well then, get over it.
I never took offense to that. I disagreed that that level of roster turnover was the enemy of success, but disagreement doesn't equate to taking offense (in my mind at least).

Quote:
As for your 'list', if you correctly read what I said, I said Backstrom and Roy would cost too much, I said they would cost a lot and I wouldn't be willing to give it up, so once again, the sky is blue... no idiot, the sky is blue. I said Filpulla is the only one I see as a good fit once you consider the cost. I did not say Backstrom and Roy would cost peanuts, like you seem to think I did.
The list was more a mockery of the outlook of Kings fans in general than you specifically. I did comment that Backstrom would cost more than you would ever want to give up, mostly to cite him as an example of a legit untouchable, and highlight the unwillingness of most Kings fans to part with assets to acquire players. The tone of that part of my post was oppositional but not contradictory. I was definitely not saying........"no idiot, the sky is blue".

Quote:
BTW, its also very telling that my original post was not quoting anyone in particular, and was just a general statement, that you apparently took very personally.
Incorrect, you quoted me. Keep up.

Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 06-18-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote