View Single Post
Old
10-12-2004, 03:36 PM
NYR469

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_O_T_I
Both sides are acting like they have leverage, but every day that goes by without an agreement hurts both sides. Both sides are waiting for the other side to blink and I think when the first side does blink (which I think will be the owners) it will be too late. I think that both sides quietly think that there will be hockey in January, like in 1994/95. The difference is (and it's a very big difference) is that they are further apart on more issues that they were last time. Neither side wants to cancel the season (despite what you might read or hear) and I fear that by the time they come to their sences, it will be too late.
the fact that both sides think that there will be hockey in jan like in 94/95 could be a bad thing...first thought might be "good both sides want to save the season" but on the flipside if the players are saying 'we just have to wait till december and the owners will cave to save the season' and at the same time the owners are saying 'we just have to wait till december and the players will cave to save the season' then the season won't get saved because they will just continue waiting for the other to blink.