Thread: Breakaways
View Single Post
Old
06-19-2009, 11:51 AM
190Octane

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchkin71 View Post

4.) I come down the right wing, keeping my stickhandle on my right side instead of across my body (forward and back, rather than side to side). As I cut towards the net, I drop the puck out wide on my forehand side (same side I've been handling the puck on) and as my body cuts across the front of the net I keep my hands in a shooting position, out wide. As the goalie follows me across the net and pulls away from the post I try to shoot up to the top corner that he just vacated.
This move is money.. if I'm coming down the left wing on a breakaway (I'm left handed) I do this pretty much every time. The goalie has to start going to the center with you because if they don't you just pull it backhand and slide it right by them. If you can pick that corner with a quick snap shot, you'll have a very high shooting percentage with this move.

If you notice what Jussi Jokinen did on all those moves, he changed his shooting angle causing the goalie to move which opened up a bunch of holes. When dealing with goalies (especially butterfly goalies) the key is to get them to move and give yourself some holes to shoot at.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote