Thread: Value of: Patrick Eaves to Pittsburgh
View Single Post
Old
06-20-2009, 07:22 AM
semin4captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by There's only one 66 View Post
Why? They have the same cap-hit and Eaves would be a 4th liner for us too.

The name of the game for the Pens is that either you're good enough to contribute, or you're dirt cheap. Eaves is neither. Could come good down the line, sure, but there's absolutely no reason for the Pens going for him.
I'm not so sure about that. Put him with Malkin or Crosby and I bet he hits 20 goals again. He's a lot better of a hockey player than he showed last season.

Cam Ward said that Eaves has the best wrist shot on the Hurricanes. Most of the very few goals he scored this season were absolute snipes. The problem is that, due to his linemates and lack of icetime, he rarely got any scoring chances. This is reflected in his incredibly low shooting percentage (5.2%).

Eaves' two most common linemates at even strength this season were Brind'amour (250:01) and Bayda (159:08). Dupuis' were Crosby (421:13) and Malkin (211:26).

Eaves has already got the forechecking+defensive part of hockey down. He's a bit overpaid if he produces like he did this past season, but I'd hate to trade him for someone like Dupuis+low pick and watch his stats go way up.

semin4captain is offline   Reply With Quote