View Single Post
Old
06-22-2009, 02:27 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The LA Kings existed before Wayne. I don't care what he did for the NHL, I care about what he did specifically for the Kings other than blessing us with his fame.

Luc is a true King. He is the #1 example of the guy with the tatoo on his... He holds the Kings goal-scoring record and is the most beloved King player of all-time. I don't care that he is the highest scoring left wing of all time as much as I care about he was the highest goal-scoring King of all time when it comes to this honor. He edged Gretzky in a King uniform and that is what gives him enough honor to have something like a statue erected at Staples.

Gretzky earned his through NHL achievements, this is our territory, Luc earns his through Kings achievements. He may not lead in every category, but it is the combination of his greatness both off the ice and on the ice that makes him worthy -- as well as his own personal fame amongst Kings fans specifically. While Gretzky and Blake are demanding trades, Luc did everything right and always did what was best for the organization combined with Hall of Fame excellence on the ice...

He is the greatest player drafted by the organization. He is our greatest son and deserves more than a banner on the roof. That is my take on the topic.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb

Last edited by Telos: 06-22-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote