Thread: Proposal: Col-Ott Trade
View Single Post
Old
06-22-2009, 04:37 AM
4thliner*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalancheRy View Post
I don't care if that is fair value wise, I wouldn't make that deal. The Avs are way too thin at basically all levels to be dealing their two best young assets. Wolski has been a disappointment, yes, but anyone who has seen him play knows the kid has some serious potential. If he is traded it will be for Harding, Halak or something like that. Not to mention Heatley would push the Avs further into the cap, which can't happen.

And while Heatley is a great talent, he hasn't really proven to be a winner. I wouldn't want to trade for him unless we could somehow get a bargain. It won't happen ofcourse so this thread should be over.
Only so many teams ever get to win the cup. He's helped his team to the cup finals in 2007 and is a career over ppg player in the playoffs. He's also the all-time points leader and goal scorer for the Canadian national team in international play. And he is a shoe in for the Canadian Olympic team in Vancouver 2010.

Did I mention since the lockout only Alexander Ovechkin scored more goals in the NHL than Heatley?

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote