Thread: Off Season
View Single Post
Old
06-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Jbcraig1883

vCash: 500
The whole Heatley trade to the Wild makes no sense, imo. That does not say Heatley isn't a great goal scorer, or that the Wild can't use him, but we simply don't have enough picks/prospects to be able to benefit from this trade.

Without Cuma, our 1st/2nd/3rd this year, we would have just about 5 prospects that you could name off the top of your head, with 2 maybe being legitimate contributors.

After hearing and reading about Fletcher, I really believe that if anything is moved this week, it is some of our roster players for picks or prospects that Fletcher feels will be able to contend for a spot shortly. I believe he is going to try to build his own core and then look to making a trade that brings in a Heatley once we are considered contenders.

As reported around our local media, it appears that Bouchard/Harding/Boogard/Pouliot are on the table. After watching Fletcher's interview yesterday, I do believe there will be 3-5 moves between now and the end of the draft (probably Friday night).

My personal hope is that one of Glennie/OEL/Kassian is around at 12, we nab him, then we get 1-2 2nd round picks via trade.

At this point, under the cap era, we build from the ground up, with Burns/Koivu/Backstrom/Clutterbuck being the centerpieces. Even though I like some of the other guys, I think anyone is fair game if Fletcher feels there is overpayment...

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote