Thread: Proposal: Canucks offer for a top pick
View Single Post
Old
06-22-2009, 08:03 AM
JT 91 NYI*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I'm fairly certain the Isles are not taking Hedman, given that the agent for Duchene and Tavares has said that the Isles will be taking one of his clients. Botta, at Islespointblank, explained why that is credible and I believe it. If there is any surprises here at all, it may be the Isles taking Duchene.

In any case, I think it is a virtually certainty that Hedman is a Bolt come draft day.

I also don't see the package you guys are offering as having as much value as some of you think. Late picks, marginal prospects (Grabner) are not going to get anything done. Bieksa or Edler would be nice, but not nice enough to get a top three team interested in deal.

Its a nice fantasy, but I wouldn't get my hopes up about moving up in this draft.

Oh, and whatever doubt I have about Snow, he has pretty much shown himself to be a man of his word. In his TSN interview, he stated in no uncertain terms that he is not moving the pick.
If the Islanders draft Duchene, it won't be at #1. They will trade down. The difference in value between Tavares and Duchene is significant. I promise you the Islanders are not dumb enough to completely alienate their fan base and draft Duchene ahead of Tavares. This would be the last straw.

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote