View Single Post
06-22-2009, 08:18 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by eric71 View Post
The double next wasnt a typo. I cant play hockey in this upcoming season due to school conflicts as well as legal and political reasons. This would be my last year in Midget. Where do people play after theyre done Midget? I used to play in the GTHL (AA) and some SHA (Small [and terribly ran] "A" League). Do I play pick-up some where? I dont even know my options :S :S :S

P.S This is Ice Hockey, and if you need to know Im a decent "AA" player. Defencemen.
Ohhh the SHA! The different clubs from the SHA have actually merged to become the SYHL

Their site is pretty broken right now, but you should be able to find a little information.

After midget comes juvenile. I played juvenile house league hockey last year and it wasn't all that great... we had four teams with eight skaters and a goalie aside... so we played 4 on 4. The officiating was absolutely horrendous though. Of course they're folding into that massive league now, and I don't think they're offering any juvenile hockey this year (I qualify for 1 more season).

My plan is to go play in the ASHL. If you're a decent AA player you should be able to fit in at C level. If you want something cheaper, I think that HockeyToronto runs a league in the west end... but it's pretty hit or miss. I've been playing pick up w/ them in the summer.

I took 2yrs off of league hockey when I started university b/c of some medical problems... I just played with some friends and his family once a week until I was physically well enough to get back to 3-4 days a week of hockey. The game really changes once you graduate from minor hockey...

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote