Thread: Brent Sutter
View Single Post
Old
06-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Drewr15

vCash: 500
While I think we can all agree that we need a stronger D and another center, in 2 seasons as head coach Sutter had this team playing great hockey for a good portion of the season, even with these lineup holes, and both seasons the teams fell off down the stretch and he couldn't get them back to that level. Bottom line for me is he couldn't get this team to play their best when it counted and his regular season records were pretty similar to what we ended up with the 2 seasons before him so I really shed no tears at his leaving.

I also don't understand the logic of thinking well Elias and Parise, our 2 best players, aren't playing their best, so let's play them less instead of trying to get them going. That is playing not to lose instead of playing to win, which is in my opinion what Sutter did. As guy said, why not one shift of elias with zajac and parise, especially since after the first game on their line Rolston went invisible again (insert BS Rolston defense excuse here). Why not a shift with Elias and Gio, who was playing fantastic all series, out there with Madden. He just seemed to keep running head first into that wall even when the signs it was failing were there.

That said, I personally bear him no will about leaving to take the job in Calgary. Yes they will still be on the road but for at least half the games and days inbetween home games he will get to go home and sleep in his bed with his wife and see his daugther. I totally understand that and don't blame him for taking the opportunity.

Drewr15 is online now   Reply With Quote