View Single Post
Old
06-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy View Post
I am in the a heinously bad slump. My team has lost 9 games in a row and a big part of it is my play. The two big problems I have is letting in weak goals from on the ice where in the past I would use my stick to push the shots to the corner. For some reason now I'm automatically raising my stick (maybe I'm anticipating a high shot? I am a short goalie and people do shoot high on me). Another is my angles from the extreme left or right (high up near the circles mainly) are down right awful. There are times where I am set and feel like I have the angle covered but then after they score I turn around and see they have a whole lot of net to shoot at. I've tried doing stuff like reminding myself inbetween whistles to keep my stick down, but that doesn't work. I have no idea how to get out of this slump.
Well, i'm not sure if i sent this to you or not via PM, but just in case, here you go.

Back in the late 60's early 70's, the Russians were experimenting with the conscious and sub-conscious mind. They came up with very interesting conclusions. Here it is...

They found that there is no difference between the two except that you use your conscious mind while you are a wake and the sub-conscious mind while you are a sleep.

What make this so interesting is that they figured out how to preprogram the sub-conscious mind while you sleep so the mind thinks that when you are awake, you had already performed the task. Let me give you an example.

They took two basketball teams, one on the court doing actual practice and the other in a room on recliner chairs listening to music and every time they heard a base beat, they made the pass or took the shot. The shot need to be that kind of shot that didn't hit the rim, but would go through without hitting the rim. You follow me so far?

Then when it came time for game time, the team that did the meditation beat the practice team by a large margin.

Now, what does this mean for you?

Every night before you go to bed, you lie down on the bed with a pillow under your head and I want you to listen to your IPod, and very beat you hear, you picture in your mind the perfect save....each time. And I want you to make those stand on your head type of saves....two legged pad slides, out of the air grabbing puck saves, skate saves, split blocker saves...etc.

Now, I want you to do this every night for 30 days. If it improves your game, then you continue. If it doesn't help your game out after 30 days....stop! Now this doesn't mean listen one night and not the next...every night for 30 days...no excuses.

Now, don't listen to the radio when you go to sleep. Because every 30 mins, there is news and generally it's bad news. This is why you don't listen to the radio at night.

Now the Russians found out that if you do this every night before you go to bed and hit ream sleep, you body (mind) will work on the last 5 mins on what you were doing for the next 8 hours. It's like an 8 hr. practice while you sleep.

So, the next time you play, your mind will think you have done it in the past and you will make the save because as far as your mind is concerned...you have. Get it!

So, you try this for 30 days and then PM and let me know what you think. It has worked for every goalie I have taught and it has worked for me when I played.

After a couple of days...there will be no slump!

Good luck
Head coach

Last edited by Headcoach: 06-22-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote