Old
06-22-2009, 03:29 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
What can you say? This is it and Dean probably won't be throwing them an expensive life preserver that he picked up at the marina's boating suppy store.

Probably more like water wings he picked up at Wal Mart.

I would be totally fine with a mid-range LW (Sturm) that Lombardi picks up in a trade on the cheap, and a not too expensive top 4 defenseman (Beauchemin) from the UFA market. The team would help themselves with those acquisitions and continue to move up in the standings.

Yes, some of the improvement will be based on the kids getting better, which as a group they will do.
If the Kings entered the season with Sturm, Beauchemin and Schenn or MSP I don't see how you could be unhappy. I want Gaborik in LA but I realize the Kings have a 1 in 30 shot of getting him. But, by bringing in Sturm and Beauch you solidify the top 6, the D is nastier and the most important part is you should be rid of guys like Kyle Calder and Tom Preissing which is addition by subtraction. If you're looking for guys who fit into Murray's system you can't go wrong with Sturm and Beauch. They're not the sexy choice like Gaborik/Havlat/Hossa but the team is improved and that's all I can ask for. However, I'd be more inclined to buy tickets with Gaborik in the #10 jersey.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote