View Single Post
Old
06-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Skraut

vCash: 500
Thanks for the input guys, I questioned the owner of my local hockey shop about my weight when he handed me the 4k's and his response was "They're great for learning in, yes you'll probably destroy them if you try and play competitive hockey in them, but for learning to skate they'll be fine." Hope I didn't make a mistake buying them. The boots are still as stiff as the day I got them, and I actually have trouble getting the top of the boot to touch the sides of my ankles (part of the problem I think).

I have a pair of rollerblades, but they are distance skating style, with a small boot and a hard ankle brace that comes up the calf. The brace allows for plenty of forward/backward movement, but absolutely no side to side. I tried skating in them with that brace loosened a little bit, and had absolutely no control.

Since I even had problems walking in the skates, I thought about simply picking up some hard blade guards and wearing the skates around the house a bit just to practice walking and balancing in them. Good idea, or not?

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote