View Single Post
Old
06-23-2009, 11:19 AM
IrishSniper87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
Not that Knuble doesn't have bad timed calls, as many players do, but that call at the end of that regulation was crap... it shouldn't have been called at that point in such a game -- if at all.

Of course cost would have to be a factor... but, if there is a way to sign him, Homer has to do it. Keep in mind that Knuble would have to be replaced, and at what cost? There may have to be multiple replacements to cover all his attributes. The first two years here, Knuble was a great bargain -- there was another year that was wiped out by the Lockout -- The next two years, to me, were more than fair... when compared to other players, such as Lupuls upcoming contract... There was a more than fair bang for the buck for his $2.8M the last two seasons. The Flyers will have to keep his contract close to that number, or below, due to this awful Cap situation... But not signing him may be more costly, in more than one aspects of the word.

Remember, J-Bo would not really add to the veteran presence... and I am strong in my belief that the Flyers need maturity, and the young lions now on board must mature in a proper way... with proper tutelage.
If you think adding Jay-Bo at the cost of Knuble makes this team worse do to a lack of a veteran presense, I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you.

However, that call was NOT crap. That call will ALWAYS be called. It was BLATANT and no ref in that situation would EVER let it go.

I think having Giroux up full time with a healthy Briere makes up for Knuble's production and PP time. Upgrading the defense just makes sense.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote