View Single Post
Old
06-23-2009, 09:08 PM
jbk ltd
twitter @jbk_ltd

vCash: 500
Greetings! I've been on HF Boards awhile and know some of you already but thought with the draft coming up I should introduce myself. I don't post much but I lurk all the time, and I love reading your draft/prospect reviews, they are always top shelf, so thanks for all the info and discussion.

Name: Dreamie
About me: NC native; NC State grad; husband is from Pittsburgh, he, my son and I are season ticket holders.
What brought you to HF Boards: Don't remember exactly, I'm on most of the Canes boards and probably got linked over here. My favorite thread was always the ex-Canes appreciation thread.
How you became a hockey fan: Osmosis
How you became a Canes fan: We'd previously followed the Pens and Caps, and moved back to Raleigh from DC during the lockout. On a whim we decided to buy a mini-plan for the 05-06 season.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: It's so darn easy to be a Canes fan.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Tuoooooooooomo Ruuuuuuutuuuu
(really a fan of the entire team with special shout out to Cam Ward and some unhealthy hero worship for Rod Brind'Amour. Oh, and anyone who wears a boa and gets an anthem changed on his behalf deserves a mention so Jussi too)
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Mostly ex-Canes like Justin Williams, Mike Commodore, Cory Stillman, Mark Recchi. I was always a big fan of Olie Kolzig. And Super Mario.
Other Sports You Like: Most of them except not a fan of the NBA
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Steelers, NFL Panthers, Pens when they're not playing us or taking one of my favorite players out of the game, then I consider them *******s
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: My pride and joy is Ruutu's game-worn jersey from Glen Wesley night; while not a jersey I also have one of Brind'Amour's skates from the 2006 Finals, a Brindy 05-06 replica, and a Ruutu replica third jersey. Husband has game-worn KAds, Seids, Chad LaRose, some Pens and baby Pens stuff, and a signed Rocket Richard Habs sweater. Various and sundry sticks, pucks, game cards, etc.
Anything Else: I've been known to take a picture or two at a hockey game.

jbk ltd is offline   Reply With Quote