View Single Post
Old
06-23-2009, 10:35 PM
PuckNomad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
I got as far as being drafted by the Oshawa Generals, few knee surgeries later and Im here talking hockey while many of my friends are in the NHL or at school on full rides.

It was crushing ending my hockey career. As long as I had ever remembered I'd described myself as a hockey player and suddenly that part of my life was over. Took me a year or so to figure out who I was and what I wanted to do in life. That was years ago now though, I'm completely over it and love where my life is at. For awhile I couldnt cheer on my friends in the WJCs or NHL out of pure envy, but now I'm their biggest fans. My draft year would have been the 03 draft, so needless to say I know an unusual amount of guys doing quite well in their careers.

All that's left now is pride for what I accomplished. I'll probably end up coaching someday because the love of the game never went away.
I completely understand where you're coming from. A lot of the girls I played with are enjoying successful careers with the US and Canadian National Teams, have won Gold medals etc. I also played with a lot of current NHL'ers when I was like peewee age. It was hard for me for a while when everyone was going off to their first year of college or seeing the guys I played with get drafted. Now it's kind of like reliving the situation all over again. I want to coach as well, but I think it's too fresh right now to consider coaching in the next year or two.

PuckNomad is offline   Reply With Quote