View Single Post
Old
06-24-2009, 12:52 AM
ukyo

vCash: 500
You're being overly pessimistic in order to lower your own expectations for this season, aren't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I think you are forgetting Derick Brassard....throught the first 31 games of the season he had 10 goals and 25 points....if it wasn't for an unfortunate injury I believe he would have challenged teammate Steve Mason for the Calder.....I also believe that Voracek had a decent season as well...if he would have scored more goals he would have been a legitimate Calder Trophy contender as well.
I didn't forget Brassard, I just didn't think Voracek was even close to the running. If you think Voracek could have been a legitimate candidate then you could make a similar argument for Simmonds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I know it is popular on the Kings board to believe that the Kings propsects are significantly better than those of other teams...but when you look at some of the other teams prospects a reasonable person will see that many of them are just as good, if not better.
OK... let's not just pick some random names, let's go lineup by lineup, and let's highlight the players that are under 27 (I'm arbitrarily picking 27 since I don't know what the "prime" age is for hockey and they use 27 in baseball). You're telling me that you don't think that this lineup:

Los Angeles
F: Frolov-Kopitar-Williams
F: Purcell-Stoll-Brown
F: Simmonds-Handzus-Moller
D: Doughty-Drewiske
D: Greene-Quincey
D: Johnson-O'Donnell
G: Quick

has more potential for improvement this season than the following lineups?:

Columbus
F: Nash-Umberger-Huselius
F: Brassard-Voracek-Chimera/Filatov (let's assume he contributes at a high level)
F: Modin-Vermette-Torres
D: Commodore-Hejda
D: Tyutin-Klesla
D: Russell-Methot
G: Mason

St. Louis
F: Backes-McDonald-Boyes
F: Kariya-Oshie-Berglund
F: Perron-Steen-Tkachuk
D: Johnson-McKee
D: Brewer-Jackman
D: Colaiacovo-Strachan