View Single Post
Old
06-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 152
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Gretzky came here to win a Cup (and almost succeeded).

Luc realized he had to go elsewhere to win the Cup. I was so ****** when Luc came back to L.A. with the Cup in tow.... - like I need to see him carry it while wearing a redwings jersey! Sorry, don't really need to see that in L.A. - leave that in Detroit.

I love Luc and all, but between the two, I go with Gretzky every time.

Without Gretzky, they don't even get close in '93.
Gretzky is the better player obviously, but I have no doubts that Robitaille is the best player with the best career in a King uniform, then Dionne, and then Gretzky in my book. Just because he was vital for making the finals in '93 doesn't mean he deserves a statue.

It is not like Robitaille was sitting there not wanting to win a cup in LA. Even Gretzky left to try and win a cup again... Hell, everyone did/does! Blake did it too... They are loyal to us until they realize that LA is incapable of winning it and move on, but Robitaille did it correctly, he explained everything, didn't juke us out or anything, went to Detroit, won his cup, and came back indefinitely with the intentions of retiring and devoting himself to the organization. Can't fault the guy for wanting to win the greatest prize in sports... He brought it back to fans in LA could see it and have some exposure to it, it was with good intentions and he wanted to share his joy with the fanbase he loved most. You didn't have to pay attention to it or see it.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller

Last edited by Telos: 06-24-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote